Establishing New Programs
Establishing New Programs with Learn◊Grow
If you are interested in establishing a Learn◊Grow program to address hunger, malnutrition or food security in a developing country then the following documents may be of assistance:
- Protocol for Engagement - clearly defines the guidelines and code of conduct for establishing and implementing programs.
- - Exploring and implementing a Learn◊Grow program in a new country or region - details suggested steps to explore and then implement in the establishment of a new program.
- Using the Food Plants International Database - this user manual provides comprehensive information on the Food Plants International database. It includes: installation, a quick guide for ease of operation, navigating through the database and details on how to undertake advanced searches.
- Opening the Food Plants of the World database - a simpler version for the operation of the database.
- Selecting potentially important plants for inclusion in a field guide - the development of a Field Guide has been found to be a simple and effective way to create awareness of important local food plants for any country and introduce the potential that the Food Plants International database has to offer. This document provides guidance on developing a Field Guide with the help of the database user document referred to above.
- Producing a draft Food Plants Field Guide from the Food Plants International database - this is the next step in the development of a field guide and includes handy hints on extracting information from the database, collating and compiling a draft guide. To be used in conjunction with the documents listed below:
Generic Learn Grow Field Guide Template - country and plant specific information is added to this document to create a standard Field Guide for a particular country or region.
Edible Part Graph Template - this details how to extract data and produce comparative food value graphs to include in the field guide showing the correct information and in the correct format.